Saturday, February 21, 2009

Overview

Hi Folks! I'm a camera geek, and I've found that a small printer is a great asset to have with you, if you can. You've undoubtedly seen some of these small critters, and if you've come to this site you're thinking of buying one. I hope I can help you choose a model, and maybe give you some tips on the care and feeding of your purchase.

At this point, I intend to cover printing devices that are small enough to fit in a kit bag. There are some larger printers intended for professionals selling images at events, but I'm not going to write about these.

All the mobile printers sold at the moment are based on one of four print technologies: Inkjet, (mostly sold by HP and Epson), dye sublimation (mostly Canon and Sony) a new Polaroid-branded process called Zink, and a real chemical-based spinoff of the old Polaroid technology marketed in Japan by FujiFilm under the Pivi brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment